Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This & That

It's been a slow month for blogging. So I decided to post a little of this and a little of that. Just to give myself something to do. It's either blog or clean, and I'm just not in the mood to clean right now.


The night before Gracie's birthday we had a surprise "get together".(Because technically she wasn't going to have a party this year) The girls came in their pj's. They ate and played and watched a movie, and went home at 10:00pm. It was my kind of party. No games or prizes. I didn't have to entertain them. And they still had lots of fun. Short and sweet!

For Christmas Gracie asked for an American Girl doll. But she got an ipod instead. I figured she would forget about the doll after Christmas, but she didn't. I just have a hard time dropping $100+ on a doll. But that was all she wanted. She begged and begged. So She finally got the doll for her birthday. I'll never forget the look on her face when she opened it. It was way worth the money.

Then we took her to Red Robin for lunch, and went to see Hotel for Dogs. Which is a really cute movie and she loved it! Overall, I 'm pretty sure she had a great birthday!

Gracie & Hadlie enduring the long, boring winter months. Curling up in bed watching a movie.

They were super proud of this baby snowman they made all by themselves!

I met up with some old friends for lunch. Jaime Sommer and Angela Rasmussen. I hadn't seen them in over 10 years. It was so good to see them and catch up. We need to do that more often.

On Valentines we had a candlelight family dinner. I made everyone's favorite dinner. (lasagna) and decorated the table with rose petals and candy hearts, and set candles out everywhere. I made them wait downstairs until everything was ready. When they came upstairs they were all surprised. Gracie thought that was the neatest thing ever. She kept asking "Can we do this every Valentines Day?"

When Hadlie came up she said "Is it my birfday?" All she wanted to do was blow out the candles and make a wish.

The most fun they had was when dinner was over. They gathered up all the rose petals and threw them everywhere, buried each other, and had rose petal treasure hunts (where the petals were the treasure, I guess.)



And yesterday since Gracie was out of school, we went and saw Coraline in 3D. So here we are in our goofy 3D glasses. They left big dents in our noses too. But the movie was awesome. I think I liked it better than Gracie. It was kinda spooky for kids her age. She still liked it though. I know it's a thumbs up when she says "Can we buy that one when it comes out on DVD?"

So that's a little of what's been going on the last month. I can't wait til spring!

9 comments:

Jess and Joe said...

Wow! You guys have been having all sorts of fun! What a cute idea for Valentine's Day!
That was crazy to see Jamie Sommers. I haven't seen her forever. We are all excited for Spring too! It can't come fast enough!

Ashley Bogard said...

I also have not seen Jamie forever! We all need to get together too, besides just seeing eachother at Twilight for a few minutes.

walkerfamily said...

What a great idea for Valentines. You and Jay look so cozy. It's such a pain to find a sitter and go out to a busy restaurant for V-day. You're idea is utterly perfect and I may steal it next year. PS. love the new background.

Alli said...

You're such a cute mom and wife. I'm glad Gracie got her doll and I can relate to not wanting to pay big bucks for a doll...but they are really cute and worth it to make them so happy! And how cute that Gracie loved your valentines dinner that she wants to do it every year...totally worth all the hard work!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

Cute pictures!

your valentines dinner looked like the girls had so much fun!

Tiffany said...

Valentine's sounded fun, what a fun idea. Girls seem so much different than boys, maybe one day I know.

Ashley Bogard said...

Okay here is how the game is played. one person stands in the middle, everyone else stands on a paper plate. The person in the middle says "the wind blows when...." it has to be something you have done. If anyone else has done it too you all run, and one person ends in the middle. It is hilarious, and you can out people. it can get a little dirty too, so funny. You can't move right next to you you have to move across. you'll love it!

walkerfamily said...

Ok, I've tried e-mailing Sam to get access to her fab blog but can't seem to get in still. Will you please intervene on my behalf. I need some new morning reading material.

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

love the new pic of edward on the side! S-E-X-Y!!! :)